Sharjah Mainland Business SetupOur team of consultants do more than just be a part of the answer – they become part of the solution.
At Vision Business Consulting, we have expert knowledge and experience in the process of setting up a business in Sharjah Mainland. We are familiar with the laws and regulations and can guide you through the entire process.
Sharjah Mainland Business Setup
Sharjah, one of the emirates in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), offers several options for company formation, including mainland company formation. Mainland companies allow businesses to operate within the local market and cater to both local and international clients.
- Engage a Local Sponsor: To establish a mainland company in Sharjah, you need to have a local sponsor who is a UAE national. The local sponsor must hold 51% ownership in the company. It's important to choose a trustworthy and reliable sponsor.
- Determine the Business Activity: Identify the business activities you intend to conduct in Sharjah. Each activity requires specific approvals and licenses from the relevant authorities. Make sure to select the activities that align with your business goals.
- Reserve a Trade Name: Choose a unique trade name for your company and submit an application to the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Sharjah. The DED will review the name and provide approval if it meets the required criteria.
- Prepare the Memorandum of Association (MOA): The MOA outlines the company's activities, shareholders' ownership, and other relevant details. It must be prepared and notarized by a local notary or law firm in the UAE.
- Office Space and Tenancy Contract: Arrange for a physical office space in Sharjah that complies with the requirements of the DED. You will need to provide a tenancy contract or lease agreement as part of the company formation process.
- Document Submission: Prepare the necessary documents, including the MOA, tenancy contract, and other supporting documents required by the DED. Submit these documents along with the application form to the DED for review.
- Approvals and Licensing: After reviewing your application, the DED will issue the initial approval. Depending on your business activities, you may need additional approvals from specific authorities, such as the Municipality, Health Department, or Ministry of Economy.
- Obtain a Trade License: Once you have received all the necessary approvals, you can proceed to obtain your trade license from the DED. The trade license allows you to legally operate your business in Sharjah.
- Register with the Chamber of Commerce: Register your company with the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI). This registration is mandatory for all businesses operating in Sharjah.
- Visa Processing: Depending on your requirements, you may need to process visas for your employees. The visa application process involves several steps, including medical tests, Emirates ID registration, and visa stamping.
- Access to Local Market: By forming a mainland company in Sharjah, you gain unrestricted access to the local market. This allows you to target both local consumers and businesses, tapping into the vast opportunities within the emirate.
- Business Flexibility: Mainland companies in Sharjah have the flexibility to conduct business across the UAE without any territorial restrictions. You can freely engage in trade and commercial activities within Sharjah as well as in other emirates and internationally.
- Diverse Business Activities: Sharjah offers a wide range of business activities that can be conducted under a mainland company. Whether it's trading, manufacturing, services, or consultancy, you have the freedom to choose the activities that best align with your business goals.
- No Currency Restrictions: Mainland companies in Sharjah can transact in any currency without any restrictions. This facilitates international business transactions and allows you to deal with clients and suppliers in various countries.
- Local Sponsorship: While having a local sponsor is a requirement for mainland companies, it can also be beneficial. The local sponsor can provide valuable support and guidance in navigating local regulations, customs, and business practices.
- Government Contracts: Mainland companies in Sharjah can participate in government tenders and contracts, opening up opportunities to work with government entities and take advantage of government initiatives and projects.
- Access to Skilled Workforce: Sharjah has a well-educated and skilled workforce, which can be beneficial for businesses looking to hire local talent. You can recruit employees from the local market to meet your specific business needs.
- Infrastructure and Connectivity: Sharjah boasts excellent infrastructure, including world-class ports, airports, and road networks. This facilitates logistics, transportation, and connectivity, making it easier to import and export goods and access global markets.
- Proximity to Dubai: Sharjah is located in close proximity to Dubai, one of the major business and financial hubs in the region. This offers additional opportunities for collaboration, networking, and access to a larger customer base.
- Favourable Business Environment: Sharjah has a business-friendly environment with supportive government policies, a stable economy, and a low-tax regime. This creates a conducive atmosphere for business growth and expansion.
Business Setup Consultant in Dubai, UAE
We will take care of all the paperwork